Engineering/Architectural/Design Firms or Building Design Firms
Better Controls for Growth
At Cogent Analytics, our business management consultants know that engineering / building design firms present unique challenges when looking at ways to maximize profit while still providing top notch service and expertise. Managing and balancing, projects, timelines, budgets and people can be all consuming; and then finding leads and generating more business creates another level of complexity and challenges. Having the proper controls in place to address your firm’s time, resources, projects, and sales cycles will provide an effective way to create more billable hours and promote growth.
- We streamline your operation to maximize profitability.
- We work with you to maximize your resource utilization to enhance project execution, project management, and establish KPIs to ensure your company is on target and on budget with your key deliverables. Our clients often see a reduction in overall individual workloads by proper distribution of tasks/activities. Through more effective planning and scheduling, we help you build human resource capabilities and leverage your subject matter experts.
- We develop leadership practices to enhance communication which fosters better workflow and organizational culture.
- We partner with you to implement time management and proper portfolio management processes to enhance reporting, measurement, and execution of work. Our clients often see an increase in on-time delivery to their clients.
Better Solutions for Profitability
Cogent knows each company has its own unique sets of challenges. But, we also understand the opportunities for growth that exist within a business and how that growth can be countered by those very challenges. Though each business is unique in its own right, here are some of the common concerns that owners have expressed and how Cogent can address each issue.
- How can I increase billable hours, decrease scope creep and keep projects on time?
At Cogent, our business consultants provide the best practices your firm needs for productivity, on-time completion, backlog, change orders, scope creep, regulatory issues, and certifications.
- How do I make more money?
We train your team to effectively manage by understanding job costing, bidding, overhead absorption, how to control account receivables, profit, margins, budgets, financials, and cash flow.
- How can I increase sales, find customers and bid/estimate better?
From a sales perspective, we use go-to market strategies to improve revenue generation through business development, accurate estimating and bidding methods, job expansion, sales incentives, and marketing.
- How do I find good, skilled employees and associates?
With human resources in mind, our business consultants help relieve the stress of supervising people and finding subject matter experts by addressing employee performance (i.e., legal, contracts, problems, termination), showing how to recruit and retain skilled employees, management development and improving the company’s culture.
Frequent Services for Engineering, Architectural, and Design Firms
- Developing and executing succession planning
- Streamlining budgeting and understanding cash flow
- Engineering profit and job costing
- Recruiting, hiring and retention
- Systematizing an effective management structure
- Optimizing leadership practices to enhance company culture
- Implementing regulatory practices, standards, and certified processes
- Increasing on-time delivery and project efficiency
Ensure the Controls Your Business Needs
Overwhelmingly, what our business analysts hear from engineering firm owners is “you want to control your business, not have it control you.” Fill out the Contact Us below and a Cogent representative will be in touch with you shortly.
Interested in how we have helped other Architectural & Engineering firms? Watch these client testimonials