BETTER SYSTEMS FOR LONG TERM BUSINESS SUCCESS
At Cogent, we understand the many variables that come into play to be successful in a contracting business. Properjob costing to build better bids that yield maximumprofit margins are key to long term success.
However, hiring a trustworthy, skilled labor with effective scheduling programs and project management systems in place are needed to for smooth running operations and customer satisfaction is the lifeblood of a contractor.
We are the business consultant for contractors and provide powerful business consulting solutions to all types and sizes of contractors including: construction business, architectural engineering, renovation, private and public contractors.
- Working with you, we develop bidding and estimating tools that increase your ability to bid projects and know youranticipated profit margin.
- Our business consulting solutions include working with and train your field management to leverage the performance of their crews to increase on-time and on-budget performance; our clients then typically see improvements in operational efficiencies.
- We put the planned processes in place to address unplanned events to reduce downtime and idle employees, thereby increasing worker utilization.
- We develop go-to market strategies to improve revenue generation as well as maximize your gross margins, so you will realize increases in profitability.
- We provide insights on best-practices so that you can work to lead your business opposed to working in it.
- We deliver best practices for scheduling and pricing initiatives that will result in more effective project management.
COUNTERING CHALLENGES FOR GROWTH
Cogent knows every contracting company has its own unique challenges. But, we also understand the opportunities for growth that exist within a business and how that growth can be countered by those very challenges. Though each business is unique, here are some of the common questions that owners have expressed and how we can address each issue.
- How can I increase productivity, decrease rework and keep projects on time?
- From an operations perspective, we provide best practices for productivity, quality concerns, on-time completion, calculating and managing labor costs, regulatory issues and certification.
- How do I make more money?
- At Cogent, we train businesses to effectively manage by understanding job costing, how to control account receivables, profit margins, budgets, financials, and cash flow.
- How can I increase sales, find customers and bid/estimate better?
- With growth in mind, we have go-to market strategies to improve revenue generation that involves all areas of the business including.
- How do I find good, skilled employees and sub contractors?
- We put HR processes in place to relieve the stress of supervising people by addressing employee performance , showing how to find and retain good subs/employees, leadership development and improving the company’s culture.
BUILDING A BEST IN CLASS BUSINESS
Cogent identifies the opportunities in your business and our management consultants can help implement solutions that support a best in class operation, which reliefs great stress off small business owners.
Some of the common services our business consulting solutions offer specifically for contractors serve to strengthen their business and set them on a path for sustained growth and profitability.
- Implementing job costing procedures
- Streamlining budgeting and getting control of cash flow
- Engineering profit
- Hiring/retention plans
- Project management principles
- Estimating best practices
- Shaping company culture
- Developing scheduling and pricing initiatives
LEARN HOW OUR BUSINESS CONSULTING SOLUTIONS CAN ASSIST YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS
We are a small business consulting firm that help you work on your business, not just in it. To learn more about the type of consultant we are, fill out the contact us form on this page and we will be in touch with you.