The Challenge of Flexibility
At Cogent Analytics, our business management consultants know that in order to be successful in the transportation industry, your business must be nimble enough to take advantage of opportunities and resilient enough to withstand fluctuations in the market; all while holding true to controls that keep you profitable. Transportation companies must continually adjust to challenges every day and we provide powerful solutions that enable transportation companies to maintain sustainable growth and profitability. We serve transportation companies of all types and sizes including OTR, LTL, brokers, warehousing, logistics, intermodal transports, and regional/national carriers.
- We engineer profitability through development of KPIs to measure your business and see the results.
- We help you establish your company’s rolling cost per mile, make improvements to your fleet average fuel mileage, reduce transit time and maximize profitability through proper modal selections.
- We identify and establish programs to reduce improper handling and loading techniques to reduce claims as % of freight costs to achieve reductions in claims.
- We work with your teams to ensure proper lane planning, thereby effectively reducing dead-head
- We work with your team to maximize efficiencies within preventative maintenance initiatives, maintenance initiatives, driver initiatives, and route planning/optimization all leading to increases in margin.
Maintaining Profitable Uptime
Cogent knows each situation and company is different and has its own unique challenges. But, we also understand the opportunities for growth that exist within a business and how that growth can be countered by those very challenges. Though each business is unique in its own right, here are some of the common concerns that owners have expressed and how Cogent can address each issue.
- How can I keep on top of maintenance, and control my cost of running mile?
Cogent provides best practices and metrics for scheduling, labor costs, regulatory compliance and certification, maintenance/repair, fleet management, dead heading, dispatch, load on/load off and rolling cost per mile/individual.
- How do I make more money?
We will train owners and their teams to effectively manage by understanding job costing, how to control accounts receivables, profit margins, budgets, financials and cash flow.
- How can I increase sales, find customers, and bid/estimate better?
We offer go-to market strategies to improve revenue through business development, diversification, better estimating / bidding, improved customer service and a sales training program.
- How do I find and keep good drivers?
At Cogent, we put processes and programs in place to find and keep drivers by addressing employee performance, showing how to find and retain employees, leadership development, training and improving the company’s incentives.
Optimizing All Systems
Cogent uncovers opportunities in your business and can help implement solutions and optimize all areas of your business to ensure a smooth running operation. The common services we offer specifically for transportation companies serve to strengthen the business overall and set it on a path for sustained growth and profitability. Overall, we have found that many of our transportation clients are interested in finding qualified drivers, fleet management solutions, how telematics can help business and DOT compliance. We will analyze all areas of the business.
- Engineering budgeting, expense control, and job costing
- Implementing best practices for fleet, lane, dead heading and maintenance management
- Optimizing sales and sales planning to generate new business
- Streamlining operations through performance metrics, monitoring, technology and reporting
- Developing recruiting, hiring and retention processes
- Providing training for leadership, management and driver safety and liability
- Managing the industry’s rules, regulations, and bureaucracy
Partner With Cogent
By looking at opportunities and limiting risks, our improvement strategies are geared toward giving you the ability to increase revenue, profit, and cash flow. To learn more, please fill out the Contact Us form and a Cogent representative will be in touch.
Interested in how we have helped other transportation companies? Watch these client testimonials