At Cogent Analytics, our business management consultants know the difficulties manufacturers and shops face – whether daily or annually. But, we also understand the opportunities for growth that exist within a business and how it can be countered by those same difficulties. Our powerful solutions are geared toward putting systems in place, which give you the resources to successfully increase throughput, capacity, and efficiency.
We have found that many of our manufacturing clients are interested in operational best practices, sales forecasting, production planning and material procurement. We work with all types and all sizes of manufacturers (i.e., injection/rotational/blow molding, raw materials, parts production) and shops (i.e., precision, job, machine).
- We leverage your existing resources to maximize performance, typically resulting in increased productivity.
- We bring awareness to the root-cause of the challenges your business currently faces and set up systems and processes to prevent them from recurring, often resulting in increased worker utilization.
- In a hyper-competitive industry, we will improve profitability to create a competitive advantage.
- We align the leadership culture with the employee base, to ensure your vision and message are brought closer in line to achieve your goals.
- We help implement QA/QC processes to reduce rework and scrap rates and our clients often realize an increase in overall quality and first-pass results.
We have found that manufacturing and shop business owners have similar concerns. Though each business is unique, here are some of the common questions we hear and how we can address each issue.
- How can I keep production runs on schedule?
From a production perspective, there are several best practices and metrics for ensuring QA/QC (scrap, waste, rework, warranty), inventory control, scheduling (capacity, hot orders, shift work, on-time completion), calculating and managing labor costs, regulatory compliance and certification.
- How do I make more money?
We train leaders in proper job costing, account receivable practices, budgeting, and cash flow management so that the company has the best financial position.
- How can I increase sales, find customers and bid/estimate better?
These concerns directly speak to your business’ business development process. At Cogent we use go-to marketing strategies to help you improve revenue generation, how you bid projects, and how you train your staff.
- How do I find good workers and how do I train the ones I currently have?
At Cogent, we put processes in place to relieve the stress of supervising people by addressing employee performance (i.e., legal, problems, job descriptions, termination), showing how to find and retain good employees, leadership development and improving the company’s culture.
- How can I get my purchasing under control and reduce costs?
With purchasing in mind, we give you a competitive advantage by creating controls for OEM suppliers, vendor and supply chain management, tiered pricing and raw material procurement.
FREQUENT SERVICES FOR MANUFACTURERS AND SHOPS
- Streamlining budgeting and getting control of cash flow
- Implementing best practices for lean management, speed to market and just in time (JIT)
- Systematizing production performance metrics, monitoring, and reporting
- Engineering profit, expense control, and job costing
- Creating programs for facility management and machine maintenance
- Executing an operating infrastructure
PARTNER WITH COGENT
To learn more about how Cogent can help your business, fill out the Contact Us form, and we will call you with answers to your specific questions.
Interested in how we have helped other manufacturers/shops? Watch these client testimonials