At Cogent Analytics, our business management consultants know that building design firms are in a challenging market space – whether an engineering, an architectural, or a design firm. Do you have the proper controls in place for your firm’s time, resources, projects, and sales cycles? We have worked with all types and sizes of engineering, architectural, and design firms; and, because of that experience, understand the powerful solutions to overcome your challenges.
Your Company, Our Solutions
Cogent believes each situation and company is different, but our engineering, architectural, and design firms tend to have the same general questions.
- How can I increase billable hours, decrease scope creep and keep projects on time? At Cogent, we provide the best practices your firm needs for productivity, on-time completion, backlog, change orders, scope creep, regulatory issues, and certification.
- How do I make more money? We train businesses to effectively manage by understanding job costing, overhead absorption, how to control account receivables, profit, margins, budgets, financials, and cash flow.
- How can I increase sales, find customers and bid/estimate better? From a sales perspective, we use go-to market strategies to improve revenue generation through business development, accurate estimating and bidding methods, job expansion, sales incentives, and marketing.
- How do I find good, skilled employees and associates? With human resources in mind, we help relieve the stress of supervising people and finding subject matter experts by addressing employee performance (i.e., legal, contracts, problems, termination), showing how to find and retain skilled employees, management development and improving the company’s culture.
Frequent Services for Engineering, Architectural, and Design Firms
- Developing and executing succession planning
- Streamlining budgeting and understanding cash flow
- Engineering profit and job costing
- Recruiting, hiring and retention
- Systematizing an effective management structure
- Optimizing leadership practices to enhance company culture
- Implementing regulatory practices, standards, and certified processes
- Increasing on-time delivery and project efficiency
Ensure the Controls Your Business Needs
Overwhelmingly, what our business analysts hear from engineering, architectural, or design firm owners is – you want to control your business, not have it control you. Fill out the contact below and a Cogent representative will be in touch with you shortly.
Interested in how we have helped other Architectural & Engineering firms? Watch these client testimonials