It’s difficult to imagine the number of devices and content verticals your clients/customers interact with. In a day or even a few hours of any given day, they may interact with ads on TV, radio, smartphone, billboard, or computer.
Today’s digital environment is where clients/customer are constantly exposed to various forms of advertising from multiple channels and platforms. To ensure your business doesn’t get lost in the crowd it’s essential that the brand message you’re presenting is clear, concise, and consistent.
These tips are for ensuring that your marketing content is conveying the message you would like to present.
Start with the Basics –
Think about the basics of your business.
- How well does your website present itself on mobile devices?
- Can a new visitor to your website quickly understand what you do and whom you serve?
- Do you respond quickly to communications from client/customers on your social media?
- Does your brand imagery speak to the need your business satisfies?
To remain relevant, you must ensure a consistent experience for your audience. Every time someone interacts with your brand, they should receive the same message of who you are and what you do.
When it comes to content creation for marketing purposes, you may choose to outsource or make it the responsibility of a current staff member that you trust to cultivate your brand. Whoever you choose, ensure there are safeguards for checking their work before taking it live.
Why Does Consistency Matter When You’re Marketing Your Brand?
For SMBs cost is often an issue—to help with this—they need to present their message with simple, effective content, that potential consumers can consume easily and regularly:
Avoid consumer confusion.
- Provide clear and consistent communications from your brand.
- Teach your clients/customers something valuable to them.
- Remain relevant to your audience’s needs and the services you provide.
Small businesses, due to the white noise of constant digital advertising, often struggle to get their brand to register with new consumers.
Keeping the messaging of all brand exposure simple and memorable is the best way to grow your brand recognition.
Create a Purposeful Message –
Create a brand message that conveys the tone and voice of your company:
- Build confidence with your potential client/customer.
- Use visuals that apply to your industry.
- Include your core message in every marketing piece.
Test Your Message with Your Audience-
Use any means at your company’s disposal to test your brand messaging:
- Publish a blog article on your website.
- Post on Facebook.
- Send a Tweet.
- Promote through a local radio or television station.
Monitor your audience’s reaction to your new branding. You will quickly see what is most appealing to your clients/customers and what isn’t.
From there, you can build a cohesive and targeted brand message. By presenting this message clearly, concisely, and consistently your brand will begin to resonate and grow with your target audience.
At Cogent Analytics, we never stop looking for ways to improve your business and neither should you. So, check out some of our other posts for helpful business information: